Jen Walker - Hello wedding season, let's get sewing!


Hello sewists! I am thrilled to be back on the Brother blog. This time I am bringing you my latest make – and a very special one at that. As summertime started to peek it’s sunshiney face round the end of Spring, it got me to thinking about all those exciting summery things to come. Including the return of wedding season! 

An invitation to a wedding is such a wonderful opportunity to start planning a fancy frock. I just love a wedding – the excitement of getting ready, seeing the happy couple tie the knot, ohh and the flowers, the food, the drink... so many things about weddings that have me all excited!

So, when a very beautiful wedding invitation from my friends landed on my doormat earlier this year, I wasted no time in dreaming up this little beauty.









The pattern I chose for this make is a Deer & Doe Magnolia Dress (maxi version), and the fabric I used was one I had been eyeing up for some time – a bamboo silk in this stunning ‘saffron’ yellow colour from Ray Stitch. I was so drawn to the beautiful rich colour of this fabric – as well as the luxe finish and drape. I figured it would be perfect for stitching up a Magnolia dress for myself. 








The pattern itself was a joy to use and follow. The instructions were super-clear, with lovely illustrations to guide you through. And I was kind of surprised at how straightforward this pattern was.


But maybe I really need to thank a very special foot on my Brother Innov-is 1300 sewing machine for helping keep the sewing process stress-free. 




So, a big shout out to the good old walking foot! I feel as though this is the start of a long love affair with this bit of kit. It really helped to wrangle and control the slippery silk I was working with. Without it, I'm pretty sure I would have been tearing my hair out, and definitely wouldn't have achieved the same standard of finish.




I am so very proud of how this dress has finished up, and super excited to wear this to my friend's wedding later this summer.

So, here's to love, laughter and a happily ever after! Cheers to that!

Happy sewing Brother fans x



Comments

  1. Very nice post about machine it clear each & every thing about machine best sewing machine 2018 i like this one thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Contact:
    @killhacks = ICQ/TG
    peeterhacks = Wickr/Skype

    Tutorials, Tools & Fullz Available

    C.C F-ullz with C.V.V & S.S.N Info
    High-Credit-Scores F-ullz
    D-umps with Pin-Codes Track-101&202
    E.I.N Business F-ullz
    S.S.N D.O.B D.L F-ullz/Pros/Leads
    S.B.A/PU.A/U.I/Tax Return Filling f-ullz

    Ethi-cal Ha-cking Complete Course with Tools & Tut-orials
    Ca-rding Methods of Cas-hout & Transfers
    S-pamming & Ha-cking Stuff Full Package
    Kali-Linux-Master-Complete, BTC Crak-cer/Fl-asher
    Combos, Mailers, Senders
    I.p's/Proxies, Log-ins
    E.t.c

    Huge stuff Available now
    Fresh & Valid, Invalid will be replaced
    Contact for any query

    I.C.Q = 752822040
    T.G = @leadsupplier
    Skype/Wickr = peeterhacks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment